Friday 27 April 2012

New Flash;News in a flash: Part1

Not the punniest of puns for a title, but it'll do.


So, right now I have so much news stories to share but not enough time. What do I do?


Story 1: Thinspo
Somewhere floating around the internets are a few pictures of girls.


Typical.


Somewhere floating around the internets are a few pictures of girls who are incredibly skinny.


Ok, that's still kind of typical.


Somewhere floating around the internets (places such as Instagram, Pinterest and tumblr) are a pictures of girls who are incredibly skinny that are used as inspiration for girls to become ridiculously, and insanely, thin. To the point of Anorexia.


No, seriously, some even have quotes on it.


Here are some examples (You can just skip the red part below, its pretty wordy for a "summarised post")


Seriously, question to guys, would you like your girlfriend to have a body like this?


I don't see why weight loss is such a huge deal among people who don't need it. You have 16-year-old girls who are attempting to lose weight because they think they're "fat" and "ugly" when they're pretty much in the right weight class. 


The thing about anorexia is that you're starving your body of the nutrients it needs to rid yourself of the fats your body is storing.


Remember, your body isn't made up of 100% fats. You need 3 main types of nutrition survive, Carbohydrates, Protein and Fats. Fats is needed to protect yourself from the cold and have flesh to protect your bones from impact. (In its defence, you don't need a lot of it. But I digress)


The other 2 nutrients? Protein is needed to repair your body and develop muscles to move with and Carbs give you the energy required to move your body.


What Anorexia does to your body is simple. By depriving your body of nutrients, your body is unable to sustain itself. This makes you tire easily (due to lack of Carbs), weakens muscles, stunts development (lack of protein) and lose body mass in general (You can't control where you lose fat, in some areas of your body you NEED the fat).


For more symptoms, check out Wikipedia's article of STARVATION along with Anorexia. You'll be getting it by the truckloads.


Thing is, people have different opinions of a average weight. Sadly, mass media changes the public's view on attractiveness. This encourages girls to attempt to reach a point of weight that's crazy and unhealthy. 


Personally, I think Anorexia is just ridiculous. Being paper thin doesn't make you attractive at all. It just makes you look like a really unpopular model. Maybe some guys go for that kind of thing but generally, I think people like their women with NORMAL body sizes. In fact, I'd like to date someone who's not paper thin and feels good about herself because frankly, if I were to mince my words in order not to make you feel guilty about what you ate last night, I'd feel terrible. 


And also, I won't even mince my words in the first place. I'm too blunt to do that.


End point: Don't be anorexic. Eat like a normal human being.


So what do you guys think about general Body Mass? Do leave a comment below.


I'll be attempting to put in a Anon comment box somewhere here soon. I've been getting nearly 0 comments ever since I've started posting but a number of pageviews, so I'm assuming people who read my blog don't have a blogger account.


5-minute-later EDIT: I made a slight mistake, Thinspo is for people who're severely overweight (and have their own little problems such as heart attacks, diabetes, etc. to worry about) and trying to find inspiration get themselves into a healthy weight range. The term we're fighting here is Pro-ana (no idea what it means) which can be found here


This, my friends, is what I find disgusting, not posting pictures of girls being too thin, but encouraging others to be unhealthy and lead unhealthy lifestyles. Its like the reverse of fast food. I'll do a full post on this once I get more info. And also, to prove that I don't edit my posts un-necessarily, I won't change anything from the post.


Thanks to the lady from this site for this little tidbit about pro-ana and thinspo. And the 2 pictures of thinspo.

No comments:

Post a Comment