Thursday 2 February 2012

NAOMI NEO IS NOT A RELATIVE OF JACK NEO (at least, that's what my sources say.)

This would probably be my worst attempt at doing something social


SOOOOOOoooooooo, while being bored in school like a little kid, I decided to make a blog.


What for?


Most probably attempting to entertain you with my cheesiness (If that even is a word)


And partially due to Philip Defranco shows.


But enough about me being stupid.


I need something to talk about.


OH, ITS A TARGET!!


So there's this little girl by the name of Naomi Neo trending right this instance (to be honest, I saw her name last night but didn't bother researching about it until this afternoon) who apparently "shot to fame" after her post to her haters.


Boy, am I excited for the day I get some. (haters, not..... you know......)


But enough about my future, if you were googling her name and wandered over here with the question, "WHO IN THE WORLD IS NAOMI NEO AND WHY IS SHE TRENDING?", then I feel obliged to answer your question to the best of my ability, because I'm bored. So, lets dig into the trending topic of Naomi Neo. (SeewhatIdidthere?)


Note that this section is not intending to DEFEND or MALIGN Naomi Neo. This is meant to inform and only inform people who are curious. 


"WHO IS NAOMI NEO?"
Pardon my attempt at dramatizing my blog there.


If you wanted the link of her blog, its here

One day I will be sued for copyright infringement

On 2/2/2012, Naomi Neo posted on her blog a post to her haters. As with every blogger in Singapore, flames began soon after because everyone is a douchebag, both fans and haters.


Essentially, this is the whole scenario. People who like and follow her defended here while people who don't just spammed tweets about it. That is why you see her name in the trending zone.


 Its as simple as that.


In fact, if you just take a look at previous trends on twitter, its a repeated pattern.


HOW TO BE FAMOUS IN SINGAPORE

  1. Do something, preferably something controversial like slapping your own mother!
  2. Paste it on Facebook or tweet your life away about it
  3. Get people to talk about it
  4. Battle haters and thank fans
  5. Lie low for awhile, preferably for the rest of your life
Seriously, its not hard to be famous.

And just to clarify, these steps probably doesn't work for terrorism. Most probably not.

See, this is the same for every "controversy" we have.

EXAMPLE

  • Adelynn HOSEHBO: Have you heard anything about her after the she-stole-jewelry-from-her-mother-and-pawned-it incident?
  • Steven Lim: Ok, he's still pretty controversial, most probably because he's still posting videos and photos of himself.
  • Aaron Tan: Probably squatting in prison after the police realized he's 18. Or maybe he's still 17.5. 

Main point, Singapore doesn't have controversies. They have STOMP-targets. 

"But (insert blogger's name here), that's just your opinion."

Actually, its yours. Yes, you the one who is curious of the current trends. You the one who finds every tweet war about (controversy name here) annoying. You who find that every trend of Singapore is retarded. 

I have no idea how those ideas linked. But it works in my favor so I can tell you this.

Here's the thing, trends are made from our tweets.

Apart from the ammunition fans and haters throw at each other, twitter also records tweets such as "WHO IS NAOMI NEO" or "OMG NAOMI NEO IS TRENDING SO ANNOYING LURH", and just to list, "FREE SHOPPING VOUCHERS AT (link to content farm) NAOMI NEO STEVEN LIM VALENTINE'S DAY YEAH EMINEM"


Why am I here?

Your curiosity is actually feeding the trending of the topics because twitter cannot differentiate what the tweets actually are. It doesn't file them by their word count (although I would have no idea why it needs that) or if its a question or statement. It just records it as it is. 

But it would be wrong to say that being curious is wrong. In fact, it makes our current generation more informed! (And the stupid people smarter. But I digress)

There is nothing wrong with googling a name and finding out. There is nothing wrong with asking "WHY IS THIS TRENDING?". In fact, I encourage it.

However, it is one thing to know and one thing to say. If you googled and found out why something is trending, just keep it to yourself.

Google is free. Everyone else can use it for themselves. (Until SOPA kicks in)

Personally, when I use twitter and see people posting why a certain thing is trending, I get annoyed. When I tweet about why a certain thing is trending, people get annoyed (I can tell, I'm not that anti-social yet). 

So unless someone asks about it or asks YOU about it, just don't post anything about it. 

Twitter trends are trends for 3 things: Inform, defend or malign. The fourth would be advertising/spam but I won't waste my time about that.

So as I finish up the informing part of this post, lets take some time to summarize for those with low attention spans that cry TL:DR
  1. Naomi Neo blogged about haters
  2. Singapore has no controversies, only people getting STOMPed
  3. Twitter trends are to inform, defend or malign only. 
At this point, its obvious. Why would I use something this heavy as my first post in this blog's lifetime? Obviously, I have my own opinions of it.

PERSONAL OPINIONS
Ok, so I assume you've read Naomi Neo's blog post already? No? Shame on you, I've even posted the link on top! No matter, you can read it here if you wish. I'll give you 5 minutes to read it.


If you have, here's a picture of Winnie the Pooh walking with Christopher to remind you of your sweet childhood memories




Done? Awesome, so lets get to my opinion.

Why I even concern myself with this is because of some of the things she has said in her blog that didn't go so well with me.

I quote from the very first sentence:
I'm not born to please YOU
My dear, from the moment you reached 10000 fans, you should know this. Your self portraits are meant to please the male mind. But I digress, this is not my point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, not everyone is a stay-at-home-play-video-games-sleep kind of person, but from the very moment you went on blogger, signed up for an account, created a blog, you were essentially born to please someone. You were born to please your male fans with your pictures, bring goods and shopping deals to the excessive demands of female fans and entertain bored people like me with your daily recounts and opinions. That's blogging.

I quote once again:
Nothing's worst than crying yourself to bed every night because you just can't believe how insane and cruel this society has became. 
Now honestly, since when has society not been cruel?

Look back to your (insert age here) years of living and ask yourself: Has society been kind in any lifetime you've had?

From the very moment we were born, its always utilizing whatever you were born with to live your life however you want to. It has always been defending yourself with whatever you have. When is society ever kind?

Haters? Everyone has opinions. Deal with it.

I quote (again):
But why hate on someone you know nothing about? I don't mind being hated, but have you questioned the reliability of the remarks you've made on me? Have you ever tried getting to know me before you start assuming?
They're haters, they assume. That's their job. Get over it.

Why are you assuming that you're the only blogger who gets haters? I've seen MrBrown and DeeKosh retweeting some of their hate tweets. They're not that deeply affected by it as you are. You know why? Because they know that in whatever they do, there's bound to be someone with countering opinions.

You can say you don't mind, but from your post I really, really doubt you're not affected.

Main point: Haters are there to remind you that you are acknowledged.

I quote and finish with this:
How well can you get to know about someone's personality just based on their tweets, blogs or facebook?
A blog is where people give their personal opinions and recounts of the day. Twitter is known as a micro-blogging site. Facebook is where you post a status, how you're feeling right now. I'm pretty sure that you someone's personality is related to what they tweet, what they do in a day and how they feel about anything.

I would go on, but honestly, its a REEEEEEEALLY long post, so why bore you all any further? Of course, this is all really just my personal opinion and I would love to know yours as well.

To sum up, I'm pretty neutral with her because I can't side 100% with what she's saying yet I don't like what some of the tweets I find on twitter any worthy of hating Naomi Neo. Also, I realize that she'll never get to reading/read this so why bother, hmm?

EDIT: By the way, personal opinion: this is you, Naomi, without make up.

And this is you with make-up


Stop caking your face with it.
(Random friend: Your eye pak jiao ar? No difference la)


In retrospect, the above EDIT was retarded. Please kick me in the face for doing blogging drunk. 

1 comment: