Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, its that time of the year once again where single men and women gather (figuratively) to weep about how lonely they are and couples meet up to tell each other how much they love each other.

Thank god I'm typing this. I don't think I can get through this without laughing.

Yes, I'm part of the former. Sadly.

Well, its not that sad, really. For all you single people, just know that some day, your one-fated-to-be-with-you will walk past you and lock eyes with you and

Forgive me, I couldn't finish that sentence without laughing really hard.

Honestly, Valentines day really has no meaning at all. Why do you need a day to tell your other half that you love them? Don't you tell your other half that every day?

Guy: "Oh, darling. Today is Valentines day. Therefore I must convey how much I love you on this very day. My love for you is......"

Girl: "Oh, so you only love me today la. The rest of the 364 days you don't love me la. Am I right? So the other 364 days you love other girls issit? HA? ANSWER ME NOW"

Is it sad that I know someone who might do that on Valentines day?

Given, I'm not in a relationship right now. And its something I don't mind waiting. I mean, describing me in one word is pretty easy. "Hobo" is that word you're looking for and not many princesses like hobos as their princes. (Not literally)

But hey, I've grown up from blaming the friendzone for my lack of a partner. I'm still young too, so its really not a big problem in my life. I've made a few mistakes in trying to get a girlfriend. I mess up. I move along.

I've made plenty of mistakes in life that screwed my chances of  a relationship. Most of the time, I ask myself: "Why don't I have a girlfriend since _______. (this is obviously a name in case you didn't know)" and I look into the mirror and go "Oh. THat's why."

But sometimes, I think back to all the crushing and confessions and I realize that I'm one pretty fucked up person myself. And its probably a big reason to why I'm not dating.

And the start of any solution to a personality problem is to know your mistakes.

If you know there's something about you that will deter people from hanging out with you, do correct that. At the same time, don't change any aspect that makes you unique.

Girls are humans, same species as you, have a brain just like you, intelligence may vary though, have feelings just like you, etc. Don't treat them like crap and be yourself in front of them.

And sorry girls, I've no advice for you. I don't date men.

Anyway, there was a video a few years back about this girl looking for her ex in hopes of going back to a relationship with him, finding him with another girl and making a fuss about it in a public area. Really, not smart, dear.

Well, in her defence, I don't know the couple very well but even if you've spent a long time with the guy and just realized he is an asshole, its really not worth it to shed a tear for anyone who breaks your heart.

And even if he did get another girl, why make such a fuss over it? If he has gotten over you already, why can't you?

Point is, no matter how much you say you need love to survive, you really don't. You've spent the first 9-12 years of your life single, so being single a bit more doesn't really make a difference. My advice to single men and women. Or women who spent all your willpower trying not to go back to your ex-boyfriend.

And to boys and girls who want to start dating early, trust me, its not that sweet as it sounds. Your relationship's lifespan is at most 3 months. And even if you were to last til after schooling, you'll break up. Or divorce. True story.

Well, that's pretty much what I think about Valentines day. I planned on making some big stunt in public for Valentines day, but I thought of it too late and couldn't make it on time.

I shall do it next year. To save those last minute Valentines dopes.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment